Thursday, September 17, 2009

Life, a post

Let's see... with in the last two weeks I quit one of my two jobs and picked up a new job working weekends at a winery. ZD winery to be specific (thanks Jason!). I'll mostly be pouring wine to those ever present tourists and daycationers. I'm really excited about this new job experience, I went in earlier this week do to paperwork and within the first hour I met the matriarch, Rosa Lee deLeuze, and she invited me to go to Hot October Nights. So I now have 60$ tickets for me and my plus one (Eric). The deLeuze family (aka the D in ZD) pays for their employees to go to events, and the late Norman deLeuze was a huge supporter for the Kiwanis Club (community organizers, gasp!). Hot October Nights is a fundraising event for the Kiwanis with a silent auction, but it also includes a live band, BBQ/Oyster bar, and wine tasting from various wineries. The event is October 10th, and if it's anything like the last wine event I went to, i'll be sure to bring my camera for some eventful picture taking.

All in all, life out here is getting a little easier. I'm not working as much as I was two weeks ago, I feel like I can sit down and breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment