Thursday, October 15, 2009

Want, Need, Have

I feel like I'm finally over the "i've just moved to a new place" hump. Sure, I still miss my friends, and it's strange not having family around. But I don't think that those emotions will ever go away. It's always going to be a bit lonely because in the last few years I've gotten to know some amazing people, who are also scattered all over the place. I like how a few nights before I left Adan and I pinky swore that we'd always be friends, and we wouldn't lose touch or become "pretend" friends. I feel the same way about a handful of other people, I just didn't get the chance to pinky swear them into a contract. I am a terrible phone-caller, so if you feel like you've missed me too, just give me a ring-a-ling.
Right now the biggest stress in my life is my job(s). In a way, I don't mind working two jobs. It keeps me busy and I know that I'm making money. But I hate feeling like I could be doing something else, something where I could be learning or productive. This feeling really only applies to one of my jobs. I laugh because I've had three different employers in as many months, and you're always hearing about how hard it is to find a job in this economy. Probably because I'm taking the jobs no one wants, and honestly, two out of the three, I don't want them either.
So maybe the answer is to cut back on working so much at a place I hate (again), work as much as they'll let me at the place I enjoy, and tell the bank I can only pay the interest on my loans. Peace of mind is worth more to me than being able to pay loans on a degree that I haven't had the chance to use. I miss making art, and this realization hit me in the face like a ton of bricks. Time (or lack of it) should never be an excuse, and really I just haven't found motivation or reason to do anything. So I guess my Harvest Resolution is to make art, work at a place I enjoy, and not worry so much about money. And now that I've typed them out, they seem kind of daunting.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Turkey I hope you paint, you make such amazing art! I love you and I miss you so much. I'll call more often now that I feel less sick and tired because of the baby. Again, I love you.

    jesse

    ReplyDelete