Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Martini House - Cellar Menu

Martini House is a rustic, stone restaurant that has the appearance of a house deep in the forest. Run by Pat Kuleto and Todd Humphries, the Martini House was orginally built in 1923 as the home of Walter Martini and his wife Dionisia. During the 20's Martini bootlegged whisky and wine, which he ran out of his cellar.
The cellar has it's own menu, much like a bar menu. In addition to small and medium bites, you can also order the family meal downstairs. Family meal occurs every Sunday-Thursday from 5-7pm.
On the particular day we went, I ordered off of the cellars regular menu. I ordered the mushroom soup and beef carpaccio. Both equally delicious.



The beef carpaccio is something that I probably would not have tried if I had not moved to Napa, something about raw beef in the desert and all. But I am so happy to have experianced the deliciousness of this dish. It is crunchy in all the right ways and comes topped with a bit of crushed Himalayan truffles.
The mushroom soup rivals the one made at a great family style meal at a friends house not to long ago. The soup is creamy and velvety, while not leaving you feeling like you're eating baby food. And the bread that they provide at your table is great to have that bit of crunch.
I can't wait to go back to Martini House, especially to try the Pho soup that they have on their family meal menu. Hopefully I can make it there before they switch it out!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment