Saturday, August 15, 2009

Low Rider is a Little Higher


Today was the annual Main Street Reunion Car Show in Downtown Napa (FREE!). The event was organized by Napa Valley Cruisers and the Napa Downtown Association. From what i've read the event was a regular for five years and then took a five year break, coming back in 2008. I haven't been to a car show in years. The last one I went to was in Barrio Hollywood in Tucson a few years ago. The car show today was about 3 times the size but lacking the family atmosphere that Tucson seems to bring. This car show was much more about the cars than about grabbing some food and hanging out with the neighborhood. I managed to take both my film and digital cameras. The photos that follow are all digital, i'll upload the film ones after I get the roll developed.
Main street bridge. Appearances can be deceiving, I first thought that it was just going to be the bridge and maybe a street or two. I ended up walking around downtown for an hour looking at cars.





^Ana this car reminded me of you. I could feel your essence in this ride. ^



We had a Buick Skylark almost exactly like this one growing up. Convertible and the exact same color. Just a different year. I dedicate this picture to my dad.

The front end of the Skylark. The front and back ends are the main differences from the one we had. RIP Aros' Skylark.
Jesse- I thought of you when I took this picture. Not because you're a floozie who would get down at a drive-thru.

This car had the looks of having one of those car-wrap decals on it. Not the coolest thing I saw, but definitely interesting. (We also had a VW van when I was very little)


Hands down my favorite car in the show. It was beautiful, minus the rims. They didn't emit the same feeling as the rest of this gorgeous car.

These people belonged to the era. Hey Adan, do you think this Elvis has had plastic surgery?

It's so HOT it needs two fans!


I miss my '66 hardtop Mustang. Very much like this one except mine had a black top. Which I have come to find, isn't very common. Most i've seen are the unibody type. One day, I will have a beautiful car again.

The original smart-car? I'm unsure about how any normal sized person could fit into it.




If it means saving a hotrod, then this liberal supports this statement.



And so concludes the Main Street Car Show! Most of these pictures are sub-par, but i'm excited to see how the film versions turn out. Tomorrow Eric's sister and her boyfriend come into town. Pizza and wine time a Signorello's after work (Cost-$35 for pizza and wine tasting). Tomorrow evening there is a Wine Event at Calistoga Ranch. Eric was gifted 4 free tickets (each costs $80), so we will be heading down there for another wine adventure.

5 comments:

  1. Cool, I liked mine, I plan on getting a tattoo someday in similar colors, rising phoenix theme, but it's gonna be a sexy biioootch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ana-Banana, you need to write your name at the end of comments. It took me a while to figure out who had left it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. but i knew you would! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! We might be headed that way in the next few months...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for telling us about the event, I was waiting for this.....

    Nicole

    Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

    ReplyDelete